Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 4 in Food


LUNCH: For lunch today, we ate at a café with a beautiful view of the Coliseum. I had penne pasta with tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper, which was delicious. One thing I have found about Roman dining is that the “free refill” is a foreign concept.
DINNER: My dinner this evening was quite interesting. When we walked inside, we saw a display case with many different types of seafood. This caused me to order Bruschetta topped with Salmon. For my main entrée, I decided on scallops, which was exciting until they brought my meal and it was none other than the “special meat” from two nights prior. The fish-pork-chicken-beef was back, and was definitely not a sea scallop. Using Wikipedia, I have semi-confirmed that the special meat is in fact Veal, which has been “beaten with a hammer.” Only in Rome. Thanks, and Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment