Friday, May 13, 2011

Sorry, I don't speak Italian

Welcome to the Carson Crosses the Atlantic Blog, where you can read daily entries about my travels to Rome, Italy and London, England.

I've been in Rome for two days now, and my body is finally adjusting to the six hour time difference. Highlights of the last two days have included visits to the Pantheon, the Altar of Peace, the Spanish Steps, the Protestant Cemetery, Santa Maria sopra Minerva, the Piazza del Popolo, the Four Temples, the John Keats Museum, and the Pyramid. In addition, we've explored our neighborhood, known as the Trastevere, or "across the river," and eaten at some excellent cafes and restaurants. What has impressed me most has been how tolerant the Italian people are of Americans who butcher the language. I've learned the importance of pointing to items and using my fingers to show numbers. They are quite respectful, but I'm sure the waiters all get a good laugh in the kitchen.
 The Trastevere neighborhood, where our Hotel is located

No comments:

Post a Comment